Hi, How Can We Help You?

Family Sponsorship

Canada Family & Spousal Sponsorship Visa

If you are a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident living in Canada you may apply for sponsorship of your spouse, common-law partner, children, parents, and/or grandparents. Here is the list of programs that are focused on reuniting family members. You may sponsor more than one relative/group of relatives, once the 3 year period after sponsoring the previous one has passed and you can still meet all the sponsorship requirements:

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor a person under spousal sponsorship, with these requirements:

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of at least 18 years of age, must be able to prove that they are not receiving social assistance (for reasons other than disability) and able to provide for the basic needs of the person they are sponsoring. If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada once the sponsored relatives become permanent residents.

  • you're at least 18 years old:
  • want to live in that province, and
  • want to become permanent residents of Canada
  • Sponsor your Spouse, partner, or dependent children
  • Sponsor your parents and grandparents
  • Sponsor your Relatives
  • visit your Children or Grandchildren
  • Sponsor your Adopted Child

According to Canadian immigration regulations, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor a spouse or common-law partner for permanent residence. In the course of application approval, both the Canadian citizen and the foreign national must be approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Both parties must prove that their relationship can be defined under three categories.