Hi, How Can We Help You?

International Experience

International Experience Canada (IEC) provides youth with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada.

If you’re eligible, you’ll be placed into one or more pools of International Experience Canada (IEC) candidates. You’ll get a message in your account that confirms you are in the pool(s).

Gain Canadian professional work experience to better compete in a global economy.

  • You have a job offer in Canada that contributes to your professional development
  • your country or territory of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permi
  • you may be able to use a recognized organization (RO)
  • You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

The job you are offered in Canada must be classified as a National Occupational Classification (NOC) Code Skill Type Level 0, A or B to be considered as contributing to your “professional development.” A NOC C job might be accepted if you can submit a post-secondary diploma, certificate or degree, with your work permit application. Your diploma, certificate or degree must be translated to English or French.